19 decembrie 2016

Book Review: Agatha Christie "Spakling Cyanide"


Rosemary Barton died from cyanide poisoning, nearly a year ago….

One year earlier on 2 November, seven people sat down to dinner at the restaurant “Luxembourg”. One, Rosemary Barton, never got up. The coroner ruled her death suicide due to post-flu depression. Six months later, her husband George receives anonymous letters saying that Rosemary was murdered. George investigates and decides to repeat the dinner at the same restaurant, with the same guests, plus an actress who looks like his wife meant to arrive late and startle out a confession. The actress doesn’t arrive and George dies at the table- poisoned, like his wife, by cyanide in his champagne. His death might have been judged as suicide, but George shared his concerns and some of his plan with his friend Colonel Race.
If you want to know what happened further, you will find out after you read the book.
Sparkling Cyanide is a work of detective fiction by Agatha Christie and first published in the US by Dodd, "Mead and Company" in February 1945 under the title of "Remembered Death" and in UK by the Collins "Crime Club" in December of the same year under Christie's original title.
The novel features the recurring character of Colonel Race for his last appearance to solve the mysterious deaths of married couple, exactly one year.
Did she commit suicide or was it a crime? This question,was in my mind when I start to read the book. In my mind it was one question. Who killed her and for what? When are you going to read the book, you will find the answer for your question.
My opinion about the book, I want to tell one word. I like this book. This book very interesting and suspense. You can read in one day, if you know it.
I recommend reading, you will enjoy and second time you will put your mind to find the murder and for what it was Rosemary and George Barton kill?  I want to tell you one thing, it is very interesting to read.  
I like it because the author describes the characters, and the theme actions.
The book kept me in suspense the whole time I read until I finished the book. And the story of book is very exacting and easy to understand what happens after that.
I recommend to all ages who likes detective novels.



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu