14 februarie 2021

A cup of water at the nursing home - the end of the dramatic text.

 Scene 4

While the guests were inside, what was supposed to be happening was happening outside. One by one, all the elders went out to the asylum, only one Santa Claus was missing. It was announced, but he didn't notice what the elders wanted to do. He felt that what they were doing was pointless. No one will notice, the old man thought in his room.

Each old man had a placard: What did Thieves write outside the asylum !! He has nothing to do with criminals and thieves in our asylum.

After the elders all left, Elizaveta Ivanovna was left alone. He was preparing his placard, and suddenly he saw an envelope under the door. Inside was an anonymous letter, but on the envelope with her name on it. Nobody opened the door. Close the door, open the envelope. It was a letter, the message was addressed to her. The content of the message sounds like this: I'm with you, move on with what you started. Today we will expose thieves and criminals. The evidence is against them. Respectfully An old man!

Elizaveta Ivanovna was wondering who could send this message. Who knows what they are going to do? Who is this old man? Maybe Santa Claus, who? I don't know anyone who is against Sofia N and Vera Alexandrovna. When he read the letter again, he calmed down a little. She was glad she was supported and had evidence.

An old man came and called her out. She expressed relief and satisfaction on her face.

The old man: Come on, Elizaveta Ivanovna! That we have already organized, everything is ready! We are no longer waiting for you!

Elizaveta Ivanovna: Yes! Let's go! We must be ready to protest !!

The two came out confident in their own strength to fight for truth and justice.

Suddenly the group started shouting at the sight of the guests and the 2 women who came out on the terrace of the asylum.

The elders shouted loudly to be heard even better. Raise the placards. These give them even more power to move on.

The voice of the old protesters.

Thieves! Thieves !! Thieves! Out of charlatans, criminals. Thieves! With the two of you out, for stealing from us, for wanting to kick us out !! Out with you !! Outside!

One was in unison, everyone was shouting. They were all together, they were a team. At that time, the elders were a team to support each other. Together they felt a power, a force, which gave them an impulse to move on.

Thieves !! Thieves !! Criminals! Out with you. We don't need thieves in the asylum! To get us out of the asylum. This is our house, we pay from our humble pension to live here. Outside!! Outside!! The elders shouted with all their might.

While the elders shouted.

Mr. Filipescu: Sofia N, why are the old people shouting? Those with this protest? Since I've known myself, I've never seen anything like it? Sofia N, what's going on here? Who wants to fire them? Who steals the money, who are the criminals?

Sofia N didn't know what to say. Suddenly she doesn't want to be emotionally blackmailed. He's doing it wrong.

Sofia N: I don't know what old people want either. I don't understand what's happening to them either. The whole week went by normally and quietly, and now suddenly it was as if someone had bitten them. Some crazy fly. I don't understand what's with them? What happened to them? Let me talk to them now?

At one point Sofia N shouted at them. Trying to calm them down to find out what's going on and why they're protesting ?!

 Sofia N: What's going on here?

The noisy crowd booed Sofia Nikolaevna.

Sofia N: Those of you, don't you understand? You don't see that we have guests. Finish and enter the asylum immediately. Don't be ashamed that you have reached old age and are making noise and agitation. What do you want once? (with an authoritative voice)

The agitated crowd protesting even louder is not noticing. The focus was on the guests.

Sofia Nicolaevna, ignoring the crowd, did not pay attention to them. Speaking in the direction of Mr. Filipescu.

Sofia N: Mr. Filipescu, don't pay attention to them, they have already reached that age when old people get senile in their heads, they have sclerosis completely forgotten. Don't you pay attention to them ?! I'm telling you, there's no problem here, no murders have been committed, and I'm not going to fire them. It was misunderstood.

(Sofia N, says to the audience) Let the bastards show me to you when they leave. What do you want to kick me out of? Never, never hear. Nobody kicks Sofia N. You bastards, too, let me show you. Humble me like this. Don't let these bastards go, and I'll show you.

I'm starving you for a week to teach you mind with Sofia N not to wear. That you will not have a peaceful old age.

Mr. Filipescu: Sofia N, I think they have a reason to protest, don't you think ?! They certainly didn't come out in front of us for the sake of protesting.

He's doing the stupid thing.

Sofia N: I don't think they would have reason to shout and protest, we just give them good conditions and they are dissatisfied.

Gavriluţă: I don't think they came out for the sake of protesting either, I agree with Mr. Filipescu ?!

Sofia N: What do you know Gavriluţă?

Gavriluţă was silent, looked at Mr. Filipescu and agreed that he should be silent.

Sofia Nikolaevna was even angrier with the old people, she couldn't stand it anymore when she saw that the whole plan was going on Saturday's water.

Elders continued to protest.

Down with the Thieves !! Down with the Thieves !! Down with the Thieves !! Out with you thieves, you steal our food and treat us like garbage. Out with you !!

Scene 5

While the elders were protesting, Elizaveta Ivanova asked an old man next to her what she was protesting out loud.

Elizaveta Ivanovna asked the old man.

Elizaveta Ivanovna: I don't see Santa Nichifor, do you know where he is ?!

The old man: He's in his room. Did not come!

Elizaveta Ivanovna: Why?

Old man: I don't know. I called him out to protest. But he did not want to come.

Elizaveta Ivanovna: What was the motivation for not wanting to come? He told you.

The old man: But he didn't say anything. He was silent! I saw he didn't answer me. Then I left him and left the room. I saw he didn't really want to talk.

Elizabeth I: Good to leave him in the Lord's reward !! Maybe he'll get out of his room somehow. When he sees old people protesting.

Elizaveta Ivanovna, less interested in Santa Claus why he didn't come out, was thinking about the letter he had received. Who sent me this letter? Who knows the truth about Sofia N and Vera Alexandrovna?

Elders protested, placards up, shouting loudly.

Thieves downstairs, Criminals !! Out with you !! You are stealing and humiliating us !!

Suddenly Mr. Filipescu intervenes.

Mr. Filipescu: I would like to see what is happening here? What happens here? Let me ask Sofia N what's going on here?

Sofia N: Well, I'll let you talk to them! But I tell you, everything they tell you is true lies! They are old and their roof has already flown.

Mr. Filipescu: Don't you mind talking to them?

Sofia N: Goodbye, Mr. Filipescu!

But I keep telling you that he's going to tell you lies and nonsense. I don't understand where they got this from. I don't believe a word in their words. What I say.

Sofia N, she's still trying to keep yours. Don't let yourself be overwhelmed by what happens at the asylum. Confident that it will still work out. Nobody found out what was happening at the asylum. Only two people know about the illegalities she committed. Her mother and Vera Alexandrovna. He trusted the two women completely. That's why he wasn't afraid. I hope that everything will be resolved soon, and he will return to a normal path.

Suddenly Mr. Filipescu motioned for the elders to calm down.

Mr. Filipescu: Calm down, I want to talk to you? I would like to know what happened?

After hearing Mr. Filipescu, the old people calm down. He took the floor

The old men all once began to speak, it was not clear what they were talking about. Everyone was talking out loud, it was a big mess.

Mr. Filipescu: Stop, I don't understand you. Let one speak. To get along. Then Elizaveta Ivanovna made one of the old protesters speak.

An old man: Well, what to do. We are dissatisfied with Sofia N and Vera Alexandrovna. We protest that the two women want to kick us out, and we have heard from someone that they are stealing our money and from our food that we receive from people who believe in God.

I want them to get out of here. We can no longer stand the insensitivity and impudence they have for us. They are bad and they humiliate us. As much as possible one like this.

Find out that you come to us for inspection and we were very happy that you will help us. I know no one believes us.

Suddenly, Sofia N, when she hears what the old people said, jumps at them. He does them all the way and offends them.

Sofia N: You are not ashamed to walk with a lie, you fools. We give you everything and you reward us like this. You are real liars. How can you go out and humiliate us like this in front of the guests. Liars, undead. Mouth, shut up for once. You are not ashamed to fall down in old age.

The group of protesters at the hearing of Sofia N began to boo, to shout at her, to do it in every way.

Vera Al began to defend herself from the cries and accusations of the elders.

Vera Al: Lies. You are real liars, he shouts to the elders.

Sofia N calms V.A., telling her that she will solve this whole mess.

Mr. Filipescu: Calm down! Can't believe what I'm hearing from you ?! I didn't think something like this could happen. But to witness such a thing ?! He tells Sofia N.

Suddenly Sofia N was nervous and irritated. He didn't calm down one by two. Even louder in the elderly.

Sofia N: You have evidence against me. If you're still wrongfully accusing me. Do you need proof ?! Do you have evidence? He asks the elders.

The group looked at each other in astonishment. She suddenly looked at Elizaveta Ivanovna.

Elizaveta Ivanovna, so as not to give up and not to carry out the plan of the ravine. In front of those on the terrace, with a lot of confidence and courage. He had the courage to face Sofia Nikolaevna

Elizaveta Ivanovna: We have evidence. How do you think we can go out, protest against you without evidence!

Sofia N: Where is your evidence? Let's see them! I'm really curious what lies you're going to tell now?

Elizaveta Ivanovna: We are waiting for the evidence to come. But he's not coming. But we have, they exist.

Sofia N: You have no evidence, if you had then you have been showing it to me for a long time. I don't believe in you either. You are liars. I'll let you show me after this masquerade is over (reply in front of the viewers)

Sofia N: They tell lies, they have no evidence (in Filipescu's direction).

If you had evidence, show me. Let me see!! To convince me you're not lying.

Sofia N shouted at the old protesters.

Mr. Filipescu: Wait Sofia N, if they said they had evidence. Calm down, let's wait for the evidence to come. Just not the right to make unfounded accusations. I want to wait for the evidence I'm talking about.

Sofia N, says nothing more, complies with what Mr. Filipescu said.

Sofia N: If you say Mr. Filipescu, then let's wait. But I say we're waiting in vain. That they have no evidence, they are liars. I tell you once again that they have no evidence (laughs ironically) Where to have evidence. Who can have evidence ?!

Elders protested and shouted loudly.

Thieves, criminals, out with you !! We don't want you here. Eat our money and our food given by the government and bought with the money of big-hearted people.

Mr. Filipescu: Who is that person?

Elizaveta Ivanovna: It's Santa Nichifor, we're waiting for him to come out.

Mr. Filipescu: But where is this old men?

Elizaveta Ivanovna: We are waiting for him to come!

Elizaveta Ivanovna breathed a sigh of relief, rejoicing in herself that she was still running out of time. He was waiting for that anonymous person who sent him the letter. Did she think who she was? Is it really Santa Nichifor? I do not think?! I wouldn't believe he was capable of anything. He rejoiced even more in himself that he was misleading Sofia N. He was playing a play in front of those present at the protest, especially Sofia N. He just hated her even more. But at the same time he felt pity for her.

Ah! Yes! Why didn't he go out to protest like everyone else? He was just called out! I do not understand!! Sounds suspicious to me. Let him be the person with the evidence. Am I wrong ?! I'm curious to see who that person is. Let's wait!

Sofia N when she hears that Santa Nichifor stole all her files is even angrier. Can't believe that Santa is making me something like this ?! It was not in vain that I wanted to fire him. Let him see from me. When do I see him? Don't let it get in my way that I make his bitter days and life a torment.

 I didn't expect him to come in and steal my files. Now I have to apologize to my mother for wrongfully accusing her of stealing the files.

In front of the crowd to shoot even louder, at the recommendations of Eliyaveta Ivanovna, shouted even louder. Elizabeth Ivanovna knew that all hope was in that mysterious person, of whom she knew nothing. And she wanted to come sooner so she wouldn't be humiliated by Sofia N.

The crowd did not stop shouting louder.

Sofia N and Vera Al stepped aside and talked to each other. Let no one hear what they are talking about. Mr. Filipescu stepped aside with Gavriluţă to discuss.

Vera A: What do we do Sofia N?

Sofia N: Nothing, Really! They have no evidence against us.

Vera Al: Did you hear that Santa N rose up against us?

Sofia N: Really! I can't believe someone is rising up against us !!

But you know Vera, I had good reason to fire him! Now I know what I have to do. Don't let the Commission go.

Vera Al: What about Sofia N's evidence? Santa Nichifor must come and show us the evidence.

Sofia N: What evidence is Vero? You don't see that they don't have evidence. (Laughs ironically under his nose). I only tell lies.

Vera A: But who stole our file, with everything we stole and the crime we committed?

Sofia N: Look, this worries me the most. Who stole our file? Good thing you reminded me of that.

That I had forgotten about it. Let's see those with that person who brings us the evidence that we stole them. I want to see, who is that person?

I'm very curious.

While everyone was outside, Daria Gregorievna inside to save the elders from her daughter's humiliation decided to show evidence. He went to his daughter's office and dialed the police number.

Daria G: Hello Police !! I want to report a theft from a nursing home! Please come! I have evidence.

Daria G picks up the phone, takes the evidence file from the table. He went to the large window that came out in front of the courtyard where the protesters were. Watch what happens.

Outside, the elders were agitated and shouting loudly.

Vera A and Sofia N were on one side talking to each other. But Mr. Filipescu and Gavriluţă were not inferior either, they were talking to each other.

Gavriluţă: What is happening here, because I don't understand ?! Should it be as they say? Gavriluţă was skeptical of what the old people said. They didn't seem to believe them. Did the two women even steal the money I gave the elders?

Mr. Filipescu: Who knows Gavriluţă? That's why we're waiting for the evidence. Well, that's why I'm waiting. Because I want to see the evidence that old people are talking about.

Gavriluţă: If there is no evidence, what will happen to them?

Mr. Filipescu: What can happen? Nothing! I just don't understand a thing?

Gavriluţă: What?

Mr. Filipescu: Why did they go out to protest? What's the point of saying they have evidence, that they're waiting for that person? I think there is something that bothers them and they are unhappy. I don't think they're liars. Still, I think there's something in between. And one more thing, don't forget the anonymous letter I received.

During this time at the Botanica police station, after the call received from the asylum. Two policemen go to the asylum to see what is happening.


Daria G is waiting for the police to appear in front of the elderly with evidence. But to see the scene, he sat at the window and looked outside to see what was going on.

Elders shouted Sofia N and Vera Al talked to each other. And Mr. Filipescu and Gavriluţă tried to understand what was going on outside, but they did not succeed.

Gavriluţă: Mr. Filipescu, do we give the bad news to the elderly and to Sofia N and Vera Alex?

Mr. Filipescu: Good thing you reminded me, we have to tell them now rather than later.

Let's tell them Gavriluţă! That will be better!

The two head towards the two women with quick steps.

Mr. Filipescu: Sofia N, I would like to talk to you!

Sofia N: Yes, of course, we listen to you!

Mr. Filipescu: Sofia N, I will give you bad news. I hope there is no tragedy for you Sofia N, and that you understand the situation we are in. The top management announced that from next year it will not help orphanages and nursing homes with any money. The state budget has few resources, but we hold them for something else. You will receive salaries, but it is not known when.

You will be at the mercy of the people or you will take care that the situation of the elders is not difficult. That's how you'll do it. I'm sorry to tell you this. That's why we came to visit to see how the situation at the asylum is going.

The two women were shocked and did not know what to say. They muttered completely.

Mr. Filipescu returns to the elders to tell them that they will have no more money. The same thing he said to Sofia N and Vera Al.

When the elders heard, they were dumbfounded. And they began to shout again.

Once Elizaveta Ivanovna began to shout at Mr. Filipescu:

Mr. Filipescu: You do not understand that we do not have the money. The two scorpions stole all the money from the asylum budget. What money, what else to manage? We don't have the money. We are already amazed at what we hear. I was left with no guts.

When he heard Sofia N say what Elizaveta Ivanovna was saying, he went downstairs and headed for Elizaveta Ivanovna, to beat her, but Gavriluţă stopped her at last.

Sofia N, she didn't care what would happen to her, because she knew the whole plan went awry. He no longer thought he would fire her, he wanted revenge on Elizaveta Ivanovna for what she had done. There was no point in staying here, because the money wasn't from the state. He didn't care what would happen to her. Elizaveta Ivanovna wanted to shut her mouth.

The elders reacted violently, beating Sofia N, but calmed down. And they were protesting loudly to those present on the terrace.

Everything was in vain. It remained to calm the spirits and defend that mysterious person of whom Elizaveta Ivanovna spoke.

Suddenly he appeared at the gate of the asylum, entered the courtyard of the asylum. He was heading for the agitation in the asylum yard. He climbed the stairs to the terrace where the ministers and the two women were.

1 Policeman: Lieutenant Dimitrie Ciobotaru and Paul Geogescu, we are from the police station no. 6 from Botanica. Did I receive a phone call from you that you have thieves? Who's the director here.

Sofia N: I'm the director here. But I didn't call the police.

Policeman 1: I got a call from you. Yes, this is your number: 022010203.? That here is a thief and a murderer. We came to see what it was all about.

The group of elders kept shouting. He had nothing to do with the police.

Sofia N: Yes, this is our asylum number. But I didn't call. Did you call the police? (Shouts to the elders).

Sofia N herself. Who called the police?

Elizaveta Ivanovna: I didn't call the police.

Sofia N: Did you call Vero the police?

V.A: Sofia N I didn't call. You went crazy. Those with you didn't call the police at all.

Sofia N: Mr. Filipescu and Gavriluţă, did you call the police?

The two said no. I didn't call the police.

Sofia N: Then who called the police?

Total silence.

Policeman 1: What's going on here?

Sofia N: Nothing important, old people are upset. We're trying to solve it quietly.

Cops 2: Where's the thief and the killer?

Daria Gregorievna suddenly leaves the asylum.

Daria Grigorievna: I was the one who called the police, with a pile of files in my hand.

Sofia N: You mom !! Why ? I don't understand why mom? What did my mother do to you? Didn't you have conditions?

Sofia N was amazed, her mouth open.

Daria G: Shut up, Sofico !! But shut up. You don't see yourself laughing in front of the crowd.

Daria Grigorievna gives the policeman the evidence. A crime was committed here, and thefts were committed. The crime was committed in the direction of Vera Al and Sofia N. They also committed the thefts.

Sofia N: Mr. Policeman, don't believe what she says, the evidence is false. She is senile and old with sclerosis. Don't listen to her, listen to me, cop.

Another irregularity is happening here, it's emotional blackmail on the elderly. Why do you think old people came out to protest?

To humble himself before the ministry commission. Shame on them for being thieves and criminals.

Daria Gregorievna was against her daughter and Vera Alexandrovna.

The police take the file from Daria Grigorievna's hand. They started flipping through the files. Mr. Filipescu and Gavriluţă approached the two policemen, asked them to look at the file. I'm from the ministry and would like to know what it's about.

The police are flipping through the files and making a conclusion.

Old Daria G says nothing. And the two women are scared. They didn't know what to do, waiting for the decision of the two policemen.

The elders continued their protest

One of the policemen stepped aside and called the prosecutor to come to the asylum to clarify a case.

Mr. Filipescu (shouts to the elders): Please be quiet? It must be quiet for the investigation to proceed. Sit in the chairs and wait patiently. The case will be settled in your favor.

In a short time, the prosecutor came to the scene and looked at the files that were given to investigate the case from the old people's home. He began questioning witnesses who knew about the irregularities at the nursing home.

He is investigating all the charges against the two on the spot. He handcuffed them. He took them to the police station of the Botanica sector.

The elders were pleased that justice had been done and the truth had been found. Mr. Filipescu took the report from Vera Al's table to write in it, after seeing the evidence file.

The two from the ministry find a person in place of Sofia N and Vera Al, life goes on in peace and quiet. There was talk of what had happened here for a long time.

An old man's monologue at the asylum

Somewhere in a nursing home in Chisinau. In a dark room with white and bare walls are four beds, on one of them sat an old man, about 75 years old. He had a letter in his hand. He read it and recited it again.

He took a deep breath and sighed. The powers that be left me long ago, when I was brought here. Since then, my life has changed. I started suffocating here. I have no air to breathe, between these 4 white and bare walls. I just feel love, I need a hug, a kind word, advice and warm relief.

Oh God! That's how I ended up in a nursing home, abandoned by my own children. I can't believe my boys were capable of such a thing.

I've been here for 5 years. I cry every night, I miss my home, my wife, my home village.

I lived well in my village, where I was born, raised and married my wife. Then children were born. I lived a quiet life until times changed.

 Even then, when I fought on the front against the fascists, I was imprisoned for 10 years because I defended my faith and ancestral values. It wasn't that hard for me. I worked my whole life at Colhoz, as a brigadier, then as a driver so I could give them a better life. And let them reward me like that ?! Where has there been another like this, to abandon your own children in a nursing home. But hey, here's how I reward myself.

And where I ended up. Stay in these four empty white walls. I feel like a bird in a cage.

I left the house I built with my wife, I left my native village.

I sold the house and the acres of land, I gave them the money, they assured me that I would lead a quiet life together. But suddenly they decided to move to Italy. And they brought me here.

I was left alone, alone.

And they, the bastards, left me here. They listened to their women. And they went to Italy. He had to drop me off at my country house. That I was taking care of myself. But they didn't need me. What to do, with an old and stupid old man, helpless and sick.

I received a letter 2 years ago from them. They promised to send me another. I wait every day. But I didn't get the letter. Will they send me another letter they forgot about me?

I don't think he'll look at me. How to look at me? I'm their father. I helped them take their first steps. I helped them build houses. I gave them the money when they needed it. And now look at me. Did they really look at me ?!

I read and reread the letter every time, so that I can be convinced that it is true and not a dream. He promised to come to the country to see me. But he hasn't come yet. Will he come to see me? Who knows? I hope he comes to see me. That I'm the only surviving parent. And that's how he should treat me.

I didn't think that in my old age I would end up without my own children needing me. I don't expect him to take me to Italy, but I didn't expect him to bring me here either. But can they even visit me ?!

Rolling over the doll, we found out that the principal would kick us out of the asylum. A month before, I had an argument with the directors. Also because of the money. She's not happy that I give her so little. What disgust I have in my soul. Where should I go now? Damn it. I give them pension money and they are still not satisfied. My sons didn't give a shit about it. From my pension, I pay for my stay here.

 My pension goes everywhere. I'm not left with anything. Food is not good either. But they still have pretensions.

At least to be in better conditions, to take care of us. But it's not like that at all. He scolds us and treats us inhumanely.

I hope I don't leave, because I have nowhere to go. I stay on the roads. What if I didn't argue with the principal last month over money? He certainly wouldn't kick me out. But who knows? But maybe I won't go anywhere. He will have mercy on me, and he will not let me go.

I give money to these stupid nurses and caregivers to take care of me. But what else do they take care of me? They learned to take money from us. Shame on them. Nesimţitele hell.

It has not yet been announced who will leave. Will he kick me out? How to get me out? I should give them the money to shut up. If I didn't give them, I'd be out on the street for a long time. But maybe he won't kick me out. That I'm good and I swallow everything. I don't cause them any problems. I do everything I say. That if I don't cash it in at all.

Santa takes the letter and rereads it again. Tears flow down both cheeks. Every night, before bed, I take the letter and read it before falling asleep. I dreamed that my boys would enter the asylum gate and take me with them.


I'm thrown out like a dog.


                                       Written by Bogus Elena

2 comentarii: