31 ianuarie 2021

A cup of water at the nursing home - First part

I wrote this drama 8 years ago, in the Dramaturgy Workshop. For me it was a unique experience in my life. I thought I would not do such a thing but life has shown me that I can and I am given to write dramas of all kinds. I liked what I wrote so far. And I aspired to write more. And I want to write more. That it is meant for me and I like it, and I love what I do. It's a game of words and my imagination.

Scene 1

Mr. Filipescu, in a hurry to get to work, enters the Ministry and climbs the stairs to reach the office. Gavriluţă, his assistant, had come to the office. He sat at his desk and worked on the files he had left from last week.

Filipescu enters the door. She greets him.

Mr. Filipescu: Hello Gavriluţă!

Gavriluţă: Good morning Mr. Filipescu.

Mr. Filipescu: What are you doing, Gavriluţă?

Gavriluţă: Well, I'm working on the Children's Home file !!

Mr. Filipescu: You leave the orphanage and start looking over the nursing home file.

Gavriluţă: Why?

Mr. Filipescu: I wanted to tell you yesterday but the director did not let me. He told me to tell you today until I make the right decision.

Let me tell you. I arrived at the office earlier yesterday. You hadn't come yet. When I unlocked the door and went inside. I saw an envelope on the floor. I picked it up. He had no name and address. But it was addressed to me. I tore open the envelope and there was a letter inside. It was a message to me. I opened it and started reading.

The letter was written like this: “Mr. Filipescu, an old man from asylum no. 2 in Chisinau is writing to you. Unfortunately, I can't give you my name so I don't have problems with the asylum management. But I am writing to let you know that in the asylum, there are irregularities in the administration. Please come and visit us. I look forward to seeing you. Respectfully An unknown person. "

That was the message of the letter. That day I thought about who can send this letter. It doesn't have an address name, it's just an address for me. I looked more closely at the envelope and saw a sign that it was from the nursing home "A cup of water for the elderly." I researched the writing more closely to see if it was known to me, but it was not known. Then I didn't think long, and I went to the director upstairs. I let him read the letter. He thought about it and told me to visit. He told me not to show you the letter that day. Let me show you the next day, when I decide when I will go.

That's why, Gavriluţă, today we decided to go to the old people's home. Mr. Filipescu takes the letter out of the drawer of his office and gives it to Gavriluţă.

He reads carefully, he says nothing.

Gavriluţă: Doesn't Mr. Filipescu seem suspicious to you? Why would anyone tremble the letter, without address and name? At least write the name so we know who sent it and why. What irregularities may be there, Mr. Filipescu? Last time, before giving money, we checked and everything seemed to be fine. Now what irregularities can there be. It's the best asylum in the country. It has all the conditions. The elderly are respected and well fed.

Maybe seeing the world is good, but inside the asylum can there be irregularities? But better yet, let's go on an inspection, make sure everything's fine. Then we will write the report to the file, that everything is ok. The Minister will ask us if we do regular asylum checks.

But we have to see what's going on there anyway. Let's see where the money goes, from state aid.

Gavriluţă: All right! What time do we have to go? Because we have many cases to solve and not only at the asylum, but also at the orphanage there are problems.

Mr. Filipescu: Here's how we do Gavriluţă !! We go on the field we go to each one. In the end, the old people's home remains. Let's think about who we go to first. We have many files and we have to solve them one by one.

You know what I thought, Gavriluţă. We'll call them and tell them we're coming to them at 6 p.m. But we'll take them by surprise. We will go to them at 16.00

Gavriluţă: Okay, as you say, Mr. Filipescu !! But I'm telling you, we're going in vain. We're wasting our time visiting the nursing home. Better yet, I would go to the Children's Home, where he seemed suspicious.

Mr. Filipescu: I'd better let them know we're coming to them. Yes! No one else in the asylum needs to know anything else. That we were called from them. Be careful not to get lost while talking to the principal and the rest.

Watch out for the little beak. That if you don't take it from me. You understand Gavriluţă! I'm talking to you! Are you paying attention to me ?! While Gavriluţă was busy searching for the file from the Retirement Home.

Gavriluţă: Yes! Mr. Filipescu.

Mr. Filipescu: Do you know the number from the Asylum?

Gavriluţă: No, Mr. Filipescu !! Look in the blue address book on the shelf! That there are all the phone numbers you need !! I write them.

Mr. Filipescu is looking for the phone book on the shelf in the direction where Gavriluţă showed him. Find the address book on the shelf and look up the phone number. Find and form.

And Gavriluţă was busy solving the problems in the file. After finding the asylum file, he flipped through it carefully.

Mr. Filipescu: Hello! Hello!! Mr. Filipescu on the phone.

Mrs. Sofia Nikolaevna, I inform you that today at 18.00. Gavriluţă and I are coming to visit. Mr Filipescu puts the receiver down.

The two start working on the unresolved files. He was looking at his watch at 9.30. Their work was in full swing.

Then he prepared to go and inspect the orphanages and nursing homes.

Scene 2

 The phone rang in the principal's office. A 45-year-old woman approaches and answers.

Sofia N: Hello! Who? Ah! You, Mr. Filipescu! Here you go! Of course! We are waiting for you!

What time? Alright, goodbye! He puts on the receiver and leaves the office.

As Sofia Nikolayevna spoke on the phone, a woman in a wheelchair was walking down the aisle of the asylum and heard the conversation. Sofia Nikolaevna, very agitated and scared, leaves the office, sees Elizaveta greets her.

Sofia N: Hello! You are here. What scared me!

Elizaveta: Hello Sofia Nicolaevna! Excuse me for scaring you!

Elizaveta lags behind. And Sofia Nikolaevna knocks on the accountant's door and enters her. Elizaveta followed and stopped at the accounting door. Listen to what the two are talking about.

Sofia Nikolaevna enters Vera Alexandrovna's office with a sigh. Vera Alexandrovna was busy at the computer. The two greet each other.

 Sofia N: Hello Vera!

Vera: Hello Sofia Nicoaevna!

Sofia Nicolaevna: You know Vera that we have a big problem (sigh).

Vera Alexandrovna: What problem do we have with Sofia Necolaevna? What else happened?

Sofia Necolaevna: I entered the big house completely. This morning I received a phone call from the ministry. Filipescu called again. He informed me that I was coming for an asylum inspection. If the people from the ministry find out that the money they gave for the administrative expenses was not spent for what it should be, we will suffer badly. If they ask us what we did with the money? What will we tell them?

Vera Alexndrovna, did you report what I spent money on?

Vera Alexandrovna: Are they coming again? What else do they want from us. Last time they came for an inspection. Now again. I did not report Sofia Nikolaevna.

Vera Alexandrovna got even angrier.

Sofia N: Calm down Vera Alexandrovna. In vain do you get angry. We have to get out of this situation somehow. He doesn't have to realize what we did. How did you not make the report? You know you have to do it by 6pm? He will certainly ask us for a report on how much money we spent on asylum. What will we tell them?

Vera A: But I didn't think they would come so soon. Let me make the report. But I'm thinking about where I'll get the receipts, what did we spend it on?

S.N: Let me take the receipts on me. And you report by 6 p.m., it must be ready. If Filipescu and Gavriluţă come, he will be connected to something again. As it was last time. Now we must not give reason to suspect that there are any irregularities here. No, woe to us.

I hope you didn't tell anyone? I hope no one finds out.

V.A .: I didn't tell anyone, what do you think ?! Let's make sure these walls have ears. I've been paying attention to every move since I've been working here. If we don't fall into the pit we dug.

S.N: Yes! You are right! I didn '; t think about that! We must be careful, because we have many enemies here. Ever since we announced we were going to fire the elders. Who knows who our enemies are, or if we've already made them out of these deaths?

But let me look in the corridor if someone doesn't spy on us!

Sofia Nicolaevna heads for the door. Open the door, there was no one. He looked to one side, there was no one on the other side of the corridor.

S.F Of !! Good thing no one (She breathed a sigh of relief) She closed the door.

Aunt Elizaveta entered the next room when she heard the two women talking, checking to see if anyone was spying.

Sofia Nikolaevna: I'm going to talk to the cooks, to prepare something good. That we only have guests visiting us. Then I will go and announce to the elders that the people from the ministry are coming to us. Prepare for the visit at 6 p.m.

I have a request from you, please be ready by 6pm? I'll bring you those receipts to add to the report. Let's see what we spent.

Don't worry V.A. that it will be resolved.

Sofia Nikolaevna came out of the accounting office and closed the door behind her. He's going in the direction of the kitchen.


                               Continue!!

                             Written by Elena Bogus

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu