4 iulie 2021

Part II - Sfântu Gheorghe the place where he changed me

 In the second part of this article I will tell you about the most beautiful places in Romania. Who does not know where Romania is, Romania is a country in Central and Eastern Europe that borders Bulgaria to the south, Ukraine to the north, Hungary to the west, Serbia to the southwest, Moldova to the east and the Black Sea to the southeast .

It has a predominantly temperate-continental climate and an area of ​​238,397 km2, with a population of about 19 million inhabitants. Romania is the twelfth largest country in Europe and the sixth most populous member state of the European Union. Its capital and largest city is Bucharest; other major urban areas include Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara, Iasi Constanta, Craiova, Brasov and Galati.

These beautiful cities that have changed a part of my life are Sfântul Gheoghe, Iași and Bucharest, and other beautiful cities in Romania.

After finishing school in Chisinau, I went on another path, to another better life, where teaching prepared me for another path in life.

I do not regret this journey I made to leave the country, but on the contrary it made me more aware and more mature in knowing the true history of the country in which I was born, but also developed also my personality.

We tend to change historical data and facts, instead of accepting the true history of place and time. We like to deceive ourselves.

There is nothing wrong with this life of decision making. I do not regret this journey I have made. I really feel proud of who I am and what I have done so far, what I have been through. I arrived in the heart of Romania, in a picturesque place that you immediately fall in love with.

With beautiful landscapes and places, it is worth seeing and visiting those places. Romania is a beautiful country with special places, mountains, rivers, plains, valleys, sea and a rich history, with a beautiful culture and tradition, with rich spiritual values ​​in lessons and messages from the values ​​that are only among us.

I could describe the history of Romania in this article but there is a lot to tell. But on another occasion you will talk about Romania in another article.

Romania's history is beautiful and rich in historical, cultural and spiritual dates, which are worth knowing, seeing and reading.

I came to Sfânt Gheorghe in the summer of 1997, at that time I was a teenager I still don't know what world I live in, with many dreams and hopes for a better future. Our minds still immature, crazy and full of hope still in shape, I do not know what to expect tomorrow.

But with an inner strength and a strong will to learn something new and grow to become third parties responsible for a better future.

When I stepped on the threshold of the "Mihai Viteazul" High School at that time, and on November 13, 2001 in the "Mihai Viteazul" National College. We did not wear school uniforms while we were studying. After graduating from college, he was forced to wear uniforms.
For me, Saint George, when I got here, it was something new, interesting and I knew that something would change me for the better. I will become another man. It transformed me and changed me into what I became today.

But in short, let me tell you how I saw Saint George from a historical point of view. I read about this wonderful and beautiful city with a magnificent nature and welcoming, kind, and warm locals.

 But let me start by talking about the city of Sfântul Gheorghe in Covasna County. This city is right in the heart of Romania. Before I learned about the history of the city, its formation as a county seat. I met the wonderful people of the place among the native Romanians and Hungarians, what I had to learn from them. I have been friends for the rest of my life.
Sfântul Gheorghe is the municipality of residence of Covasna county, Transylvania, Romania formed by the component locality Sfântul Gheorghe (residence), and by the villages of Chillieni and Coșeni.
This territory has been inhabited since ancient times, during which traces of civilization from different eras of history are discovered. I miss the city where I learned a lot, Saint George.

A short history about the city of Saint George. Sfântul Gheorghe is the most important city of Covasna County, the historical region of Trei Scaune and, at the same time, the largest city with the majority of the Hungarian population in Transylvania.
 Covasna County is located in the central part of the country in the inner area of ​​the Carpathian curve. To the north it borders Harghita County, to the northeast with Bacău, to the east with Vrancea to the southeast with Buzău, and to the southeast Brașov. The territory of the county corresponds to the northeastern sector of the Bârsia depression. It has the appearance of a wide flat plain with formal shapes.
In the northern part, we meet the last southern peaks of the Vulcan chain, belonging to the South Harghita massif, and to the south follow the clear peaks of the Bodac and Baraolt Mountains. To the east, the depression is closed by the peaks of the Brețcului mountains, and to the south by the Siriului Mountains. I remember the most beautiful and frosty winters, warm and rainy springs, cold and warm autumns, a cool and warm summer. The Olt River separates the city of Sfântul Gheorghe. In summer, the townspeople go swimming and sunbathing.
I remember that I went swimming and tanning with my friends in the summer, I was a student at the time. It was a super holiday, relaxing and fun. Too bad I didn't capture this moment with a camera.
But I remember with great pleasure those moments in my life. But Saint George has a beautiful history that belongs to him.
The relief and climate conditions provided a favorable framework for the development of this locality.
Sfântul Gheorghe is rich from a cultural point of view, it has two theaters. I watched many interesting shows in both Romanian and Hungarian. At the theater I learned the first words in Hungarian. Here I fell in love with theater and here I met important actors of the theater from Sfântu Gheorghe.
Another Tamasi Aron theater a Bod Peter County library, from here I borrowed artistic and contemporary literature from the book. We had an interesting experience at two interesting museums, the National Museum of the Eastern Carpathians and the Szekler National Museum, we visited the most famous Art Galleries in the Gyarfas Jeno area and the Magma gallery.
I got acquainted with the activity of the Three Chairs Dance Ensemble. With talented young people and spiritual beauties.
Sfântul Gheorghe is known for the spa resort Șugaș Băi, known for its mineral and carbonated waters and for the mophetic gases indicated in heart and circulatory diseases.

The resort is considered a tourist attraction all year round. Unfortunately I was not here, but I once visited this beautiful resort. It also has a ski slope of medium difficulty and a cable car (ski lift). Tourist accommodation is provided in hotels, villas and guesthouses.

An important day for the inhabitants of Saint George is Saint George's Day, which is celebrated on April 23, and on September 8, a commemorative festivity takes place for Romanian veterans, combatants in the Second World War.

Every year, in Sfântu Gheorghe, on the city's birthday, on April 23, there are open-air concerts, dance and singing competitions, all kinds of fun for young and old.

Here I approached God. I really knew the history of the place but I also got closer to the people of this place. Unfortunately, we did not get to visit many historical places, but we did visit places of art and culture.

In the meantime, I researched the territory and history in the history and geography books.


 I lived among Hungarians, I learned only beautiful and pleasant things for life. Let's love and respect each other. It doesn't matter our nationality, gender or color, we are human beings.

I met beautiful people at heart and in mind, I remained my friends for life.

At Sfântul Gheorghe I studied at the Mihai Viteazu National College, in the biology-chemistry specialty, where I had grade 10 teachers and classmates who were my friends until now, but they also taught me beautiful things. We still maintain this harmonious connection between us.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen each other since high school, but I hope we'll see you soon.

I still remember the road from home to school, that it was raining, snowing, hot or cold outside, I was walking. From school to home was not far, it was very close to 25 minutes walk. The narrow, stone-paved streets are still preserved today.

I always went to Elisabeta Park when I went to school. Whether it was winter, rain or sun, I passed the park. I knew roads that were easier to get to school faster.

I miss the Hungarian and Romanian dishes: the bread with potatoes, the Hungarian kurtos and other Hungarian goodies, which unfortunately I forgot how they tasted. But if I return to visit, I will definitely try the Romanian-Hungarian dishes.

Apart from that, Sfântul Gheorghe is rich in tourist attractions and historical monuments, it includes well-known buildings such as Sfântu-Gheorghe Fortress - the fortified church from the 14th century, surrounded by defensive walls. It was repaired and modified after the Tartar incursion of 1658, after the Ottoman siege of 1661 and after the earthquakes of 1728, 1738 and 1802.

The orthodox church dedicated to Saint George built in 1872. The house with Arcades from the 18th century. Beor Palace. Covasna County Library built in 1832 as the seat of the Szekler seats and transformed in 1897 and 1902. The building of the former court built in 1870 today the Gyrfas Jeno Art Gallery. There are art galleries in the city, if you ever come to Sfântu Gheorghe you can visit them, there are some interesting galleries that you can see at any time. These are: The Szekler National Museum Building, designed by Karoly Kos, the 18th century Municipal City Hall Building, the Monument to the Romanian Soldier, made by the sculptor Peter Balogh, the Bust of Aron Gabor, made by Istvan Gergely, the Bust of Nicolae Bălcescu, made by Isa Marton, Museum of the Eastern Carpathians, Elisabeta Park.

At Sfântul Gheorghe you can rest and try Romanian-Hungarian food, relax at the spa resort, the beautiful park located in the middle of the city where you can walk with your family but also relax surrounded by your loved ones.

I had an idea to continue talking about my travels while I was a student at the Mihai Viteazul National College together with my classmates, friends and students. It will be the continuation of the article.



                                                                         Written by Elena Boguș


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu