9 noiembrie 2020

One autumn day!

 It was late autumn, when that serious accident happened to me. I left work and hurried to the trolley station. Mihaela caught up with me and shouted at me.

- Ioana, wait, I have something to tell you. Do you know that tomorrow you have to present the project given by last week's boss?

- I did not know!

- Tomorrow the boss comes to check on your project.

Will you be able to do it by tomorrow?

- What time should it be ready?

- You have to present it tomorrow at 12:00.

- Ok! I'll do my best to get it ready.

I'm going home to finish working on it.

- Good! Bye, see you tomorrow!

- Bye!!

 It was getting dark outside, I was thinking about the project. I had seen in the distance a trolley in which I was to get on, and I was really glad. I wanted to pick him up as soon as possible so I wouldn't have to wait at the station. I had no patience, I was nervous and tired, and besides, with a project on my head.

I reached the pedestrian crossing and started to cross the street resolutely, without paying attention to the traffic. Only halfway in front of me, a black car appeared at high speed. That's how I was hit by a BMW in the middle of the street. I don't think I felt much, because I disconnected on the spot like any technical device unplugged.

I woke up in the hospital. Surrounded by doctors who consulted me. I couldn't feel my body, and that worried me. I began to shake, rolling my eyes like a bird in a cage. I didn't understand what was wrong with me, my legs weren't moving, I thought then that I would stay in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.

I didn't know where I got that strength to be able to shake my whole body. The doctors were holding me tight so they could see me.

I saw my clothes torn and full of blood. That made me more anxious. I didn't understand what was happening to me at the time. I didn't remember at all. What I was looking for there and where I was.

I told myself it was serious, I didn't feel my body at all. Everything was numb. I was in constant anxiety. I was trying to figure out what the doctors were saying, but I didn't understand what I was hearing, I could only see the lights above, and I understood that I was walking down a long hospital corridor, and my body was shaking in places as I crossed the threshold.

That day, I was taken to all sorts of control defenses, a dozen procedures and consultations. After a thorough investigation, they took me to my living room, injected me with a sedative. I tried to hold on, but the sedatives I received automatically closed my eyelids. I was not told anything that day, what I have and what my condition is. I fell asleep immediately.

When I woke up, my mother was sitting next to my bed. It was the day after he was hospitalized.

I felt my body heavy and cloudy. Nothing hurt. It was as if everything was numb. I was trying to remember what happened to me. I couldn't remember anything, just snippets of moments I still couldn't put together.

I wanted to move my legs, but I couldn't do that either, only my hands could feel them and I could hardly move them.

After my attempts to feel my hands, my mother woke up. She was happy and glad I woke up. I was no longer in a critical condition, everything was better, at least that's what the doctors said because I felt bad anyway.

They had begun to ask me how I was feeling. Ask me if I remember what happened to me. If I remember the accident.

I replied that I felt bad, did not feel anything and did not remember the accident.

I had asked my mother what had happened to me and what my condition was. My mother was happy that I was alive, and she had reassured me. He did not answer my questions. The doctor had advised him to wait a few days, not to say anything, until I recovered.

In the first days after the accident, a man had come and I did not understand or imagine what a stranger was looking for in me. The man had apologized and told me that all material damage would be borne by Him. I didn't understand what he wanted from me. Who is this He who wanted to do me so much good?

After He left, I asked my mother who the individual was. My mother told me that boy was the man who injured me. He came to the hospital every day to inquire about my condition.

-Wait for You to forgive him. He feels guilty about you, my mother said.

"I forgave him a long time ago for what he did to you," my mother had told me. Poor man, he has common sense and humanity. Who nowadays to come to the hospital and apologize?

 I hated this man for what he did to me, he destroyed my life. I couldn't forgive him, at least not at that moment.

I told him in front of me that I would never forgive him for everything he had done to me. The poor man turned and left sadly.

I felt helpless and afraid that I would be crippled for life.

When one day a group of doctors personally confirmed my health, the sky fell on me. At that moment I wanted to die. And then who will marry a girl with health problems like mine?

From what I understood from the doctors, I had a concussion, with multiple injuries all over my body and a pelvic fracture.

But we'll get you on your feet quickly, said my doctor with a calm smile on his face that didn't convince me much. The man who injured me came to my house every day to see my condition and asked my mother how the treatment was going, he didn't have the courage to talk to me because he knew I hated him and I would never forgive him. At least I was convinced at the time.

As the wounds passed, my condition gradually healed, but my soul was still wounded. I didn't understand why this was happening to me. I was angry with God and those around me. They tried to be optimistic, to understand me, and I was constantly upset, nervous and sad.

One day, the doctor told me that I would be discharged from the hospital the next day, which seemed even more depressing to me, because I thought everyone would look at me with pity. No one cared about me, nor did my co-workers come to visit me or take an interest in my health. The friend I had left me. He didn't need a sick girl like me.

Only my parents and the man who destroyed my life passed me by.

 How can I be so bad with him and not forgive him? I thought to myself later when I was already used to his presence in our house. He is human and makes mistakes. We are all imperfect.

That's when I started to understand a lot of things, from that moment it made me change for the better. When Gabriel came out of the hospital, I found out from my mother that this was the name of the driver who injured me. He drove me to my parents' car. I was in a wheelchair. I hardly spoke at all.

He put me in the back seat and closed the door, then left. Then I opened the window glass and shouted at him.

"Come to us, I have something to tell you," I said, then raised the window.

Since then, Gabriel has been coming to us practically every day. We got very close to each other, my parents often invited us to dinner.

I can say that luck has come upon me, Gabriel has become a loving husband who takes care of me. I changed my life, my job, into a better one, with a higher salary, with a more responsible position and of course according to my physical ability.

We made real friends that we meet in the city to have fun. I fully recovered, and at the moment I walk without a wheelchair, without crutches, I walk on two legs like a normal person.

I have completely changed, I look different, my friends say I have become more beautiful and serene. But the most beautiful thing the Most High has given me is that I am pregnant and I will realize my dream of becoming a mother.

Thanks to fate for arranging that accident.


                                                    Write by Bogus Elena

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu